Marion Chamber of Commerce
What can the Marion Chamber of Commerce do for you?
Members are listed on various programs, placemats, banners & signs used at events and activities.
Members are listed on the City of Marion’s web site.
Members may participate in the Chamber Gift Check Program, part of our “Shop at Home” program. There was a total of $7,300 in Chamber Gift Checks in circulation this past holiday season.
Members may participate in the Welcome Bag Program, for new residents, visitors & promotions. Welcome bags are stocked at area lakes, all spring and summer. An average of 50 bags per week is distributed at Marion Reservoir, alone, throughout the camping season.
What do your dues help Marion Chamber of Commerce accomplish?
- We constantly promote Marion, to encourage visitors, new residents, and new businesses to come here.
- We help with cleanup & maintenance efforts around Luta Creek, Central Park, and the lakes.
- We work with the city to organize and update area billboard advertising.
- We attend promotional events throughout the year, to promote Marion to visitors and businesses.
- We promote the Marion City Library, located in our historic Santa Fe Depot.
- We promote Marion Historical Museum, located in a historic church.
- We promote the CCC Statue, the historic tour, and the museum at our historic county lake.
- We continue membership with South Central Kansas Tourism Region (SCKTR).
- We continue membership with the Kansas Sampler Foundation.
- We network with the state and fellow communities, to promote tourism & economic development.
- We send information packets, when requested.
- We try to go above & beyond to help answer all questions that are phoned or e mailed to us.
- We stock brochures at points of interest in Marion, and at various locations around Kansas.
- We advertise and promote Marion in various periodicals, and on the radio.
- We are completely responsible for our 35th Annual Art in the Park and Craft Show, which is a huge event.
- We help promote Chingawassa Days, Art in the Park, and Old Settler’s Day.
- We publish a monthly newsletter, and include your business information.
- We send group e-mails with community event updates, business member special events and promotions, etc.
- We host our Annual School Breakfast, to welcome returning and new USD 408 employees.
- We coordinate monthly luncheon business meetings for our members and guests.
- We update the Community Sign, as needed, and help fund repairs to the sign.
- We help organize Santa’s visit, provide books and candy for children, and help repair his house as needed.
- We help organize Retail Sales promotions and events, to attract shoppers and visitors.
- We host our Annual Legislative Coffee in the spring, which is open to the public.
- We host our Annual Farm/City Banquet in November, to show appreciation for our farmers.
- We promote “Shop at Home,” at every opportunity possible.
- We provide Welcome Flags and American Flags for Main Street, and install as needed.
- We promote our community to tour groups, and host such groups and organizations, when visiting Marion.
- We work with the Corps of Engineers at Marion Reservoir to promote Marion to campers.
- We work with Marion County Park and Lake to promote Marion to campers & visitors.
- We present First Dollar Profit plaques and organize Ribbon Cuttings for new chamber businesses.
- We help with funding, organizing, and completing beautification projects in Marion.
- We help host and fund tours of our community, for Marion Elementary School classes, upon request.
- We keep business and event information updated on as many web sites as possible.
- We keep food vendors for Art in the Park local in order to provide fund raising opportunities for local groups.
- We find volunteers and funding for our Spruce Up Marion program, partnering with MEDI.
- We act as the contact office for the Community Christmas Program, Chingawassa Days, Sesquicentennial, etc.
- We promote the Community Center, book all events in the Center, and help event organizers as needed.
Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
Don Noller, president
Shawn Geis, vice president
Kevin Fruechting, secretary
Gene Winkler, treasurer
Other board members:
Linda Carlson, Doug Regnier, Chris Costello, Dave Richmond, Barry Allen
For more information, contact